Irregular menstruation is a common problem among young women.
Below picture from Sofy club explains about different types of menstrual irregularities
There could be many reasons for irregular periods. Hormonal imbalance to unbalanced diet, stress or lack of sleep, any of these can be the culprits. One such condition is Poly cystic Ovary Disease (PCOD). The hormone imbalances of PCOD can interfere with monthly ovulation, causing missed menstrual periods and leading to infertility. Because PCOD involves insulin resistance, women with PCOD have a higher risk of developing type 2 diabetes. So don’t ignore “Irregular periods” and get yourself tested for PCOD. If you have PCOD, then adopt a healthy lifestyle; exercise, have a balanced diet and take nutraceuticals to combat PCOD naturally. Furocyst, an effective nutraceuticals has proven efficacy for treating PCOD/PCOS.
For other reasons of irregular menstrual cycle, try the following home remedies for irregular periods:
- Hog on fruits and veggies: Fruits and veggies provide you the essential nutrients to regulated menses.
- Fennel seeds: Soak two teaspoons of fennel seeds in a glass of water overnight. Strain the water next morning and drink it. It is an effective remedy for irregular periods.
- Papaya: Simple and best remedy to get rid of this problem
- Ginger –honey: Some raw ginger with honey provides a calming effect on the problem of irregular menses.
- Avoid aerated drinks, alcohol and other caffeinated beverages. They interfere with the normal functioning of the body.
- Coriander seeds: Boil a teaspoon of coriander seeds in two cups of water till it is reduced to one cup. Drink it thrice a day to ensure regular menstrual cycle.